Nothing is better on a cold day than a hot bowl of chili! Am I right?
Over the years, I have come up with my own recipe for chili.
Want to know what my secret ingredient is? It’s ground chicken!
Well, I guess ground chicken doesn’t qualify as a secret ingredient really, but it’s something we started using years ago on our journey to eat heathier and live a healthier lifestyle.
And you know what? It really does give the chili a different flavor and is so delicious!
Because chicken is lower in fat than beef, it’s also much healthier for you. So that’s a Win Win!!
Here are the ingredients for my homemade mouth-watering chicken chili
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 packet of McCormick chili seasoning (we prefer mild)
- 1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 1 16 oz. can chili beans
- 1 16 oz. can pork and beans
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
Note: Use your favorite chili seasoning and choice of beans and it will still be delicious.
- On medium heat on the stove top, brown your ground chicken.
- Add the packet of seasoning, the tomato paste, and about a cup of water to help mix it well.
- Add both cans of beans and water for desired consistency.
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn on low and allow to simmer for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with your favorite toppings. We love shredded fiesta cheese and bite size Tostitos. Mister enjoys adding a tablespoons of Mayo to his as well…..lol 🙂
Hope you enjoy this recipe for my mouth-watering chicken chili!
Homemade Chicken Chili
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 packet McCormick chili seasoning
- 1 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 16 oz chili beans
- 1 16 oz pork and beans
- to taste salt, pepper, garlic powder
- On medium heat on the stove top, brown your ground chicken. Add the packet of seasoning, the tomato paste, and about acup of water to help mix it well. Add both cans of beans and water for desired consistency. Add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn on low and allow tosimmer for 20 minutes.