This post contains affiliate links. If you click on these links and purchase something, I make a commission at no additional cost to you. This helps to support my blog so thank you so much!
I love a good smoothie! How about you?
Whether making them for the health benefits or just enjoying a cool, delicious drink, I’ve developed a formula as a “rule of thumb” for making the perfect smoothie, regardless of what flavor I choose.
I want my smoothie to be delicious, but I also want to make sure I maximize the benefits of choosing healthy options while limiting my calories as well.
Formula for the perfect smoothie
- 1 cup of liquid: water, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 2 cups of fruit, veggies, or a combination of both
- 1 tablespoon of a good fat: nut butters are my favorite
- 2 extra ingredients for extra protein or flavor: protein powder or collagen powder. I also like to use flax seeds *Tip: keep frozen baby spinach in the freezer for when you don’t have fresh veggies on hand
This smoothie formula makes one smoothie Double the ingredients for an extra one to store in the refrigerator.
I just noticed that Orgain also has peanut butter protein powder! I need to try it because I absolutely love peanut butter!
If you try my formula for making the perfect smoothie, I’d love to hear from you! Also, if you’ve come up with some ideas of your own, please share in the comments as well! Cheers, everyone! 😉
The Perfect Smoothie
- 1 cup water, almond milk, or coconut milk
- 2 cups fruit, veggies, or combination of both
- 1 tbsp a good fat (nut butters are my favorite)
- 2 extra ingredients for protein or favor (protein powder or collagen powder. I also use flax seed.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!